With 35 square meters, this laboratory is equipped with a Shimadzu AA6800 spectrometer connected to a graphite furnace atomizer, whose acquisition was approved by the FINEP/CT-INFRA program.
In this space, with financial support from PETROBRÁS (the Brazilian Oil and Gas Company), the following analytical infrastructure was installed from 2007 to 2010, and has since served all PPGQ/UFPR researchers and students:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometer, iCAP 6500 DUO;
- TRACE GC Ultra automatic gas chromatograph (THERMO ELECTRON), with headspace sampler and FID and PID detectors;
- FOCUS GC gas chromatograph (THERMO ELECTRON), with FID detector;
- FOCUS gas chromatograph coupled to a POLARIS Q mass spectrometer (THERMO ELECTRON);
- Microwave digester START D (MILLESTONE).
This well-equiped laboratory has made possible the establishment of collaborations with research groups from the departments of Chemistry, Soils, Hydraulics and Sanitation, and from the Center for MarineStudies (UFPR), besides UNICENTRO (Midwestern State University of Paraná) and UTFPR (Federal University of Technology, state of Paraná).